Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Life of an Artist


As I don't have a typical profession, you might be wondering what my work days are like. I myself often wonder what other creative people's schedules are like. Scroll down to see how I go about my daily business.


7 a.m. to 8 a.m. -- Wake, eat breakfast and drink coffee while watching old TV shows on Netflix.
8 a.m. -- Go to my study and draw while drinking a second/third cup of coffee.
10 a.m. -- Walk my dogs and try in vain to prevent them from chasing squirrels.
10:30 -- Check/answer e-mails, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
11 a.m. to 12:30 -- Draw or update my Etsy page or Mcrowearts.com. Make lunch and chow down, and get right back to work drawing.
2 p.m. to 2:20 p.m. -- Another outdoor jaunt with the squirrel chasers.
2:20 to 5 or 6 p.m. -- Draw


Some days are devoted to only promotional activities, so sometimes I don't do any drawing.
It might seem like I spend a lot of time in working my study, and I do, but there is also a lot of random activity going on. Being home means I'm also constantly answering text messages and maybe a few phone calls, doing laundry, preparing lunch and putting away dishes all while giving my fur babies plenty of pats on their heads and doggy treats.
Do you work from home, too? If so, what's your schedule like?

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Your art is lovely. I wish you all the best in your new venture, and will be happy to follow your progress. See you at byw.

    ReplyDelete